Charter Tax has a strong personal tax capability, specialising in high net worth individuals and also particularly non-domiciliaries living in the UK. Indeed, Janet Paterson, one of the firm’s founders, regularly writes on tax planning for non-domiciliaries and in particular authors a chapter for Tolleys on the Remittance Basis.
We can help personal clients on a one-off transactional basis – such as for an international move or an asset sale – as well as on an ongoing basis, providing ongoing personal tax planning and compliance support. We seek to build a long term relationship with our personal tax clients, for whom we become a first port of call should there be a new family issue, a change in circumstances, or any other matter that might affect their tax position.
Many of Janet’s clients are either entrepreneurs and/ or international private clients and we are delighted to work with them both on their personal tax and their business needs. We take pleasure in working with our clients while their business grows and giving them the advice they need at every step of the journey.
Many of Mark’s clients are of a private wealth/ landed estate background, with Mark focussing in particular on UK domestic private client wealth planning and succession planning for farms & estates.
Particular areas Charter Tax are able to help include:
- Preparation and submission of personal tax returns
- Tax planning for non-domiciliaries.
- Tax planning for non-residents, and individuals coming to, or leaving the UK
- Personal tax planning in anticipation of asset sales
- Personal tax planning for business sales and the availability of Entrepreneurs Relief
- Tax advantaged investments (EIS, etc)
- Tax planning across the generations (see Trusts & Estates )