Job Opportunities with Charter Tax
Charter Tax is Recruiting a Private Client Senior/ Manager
Charter Tax is a specialist tax & accounting firm with offices in Goudhurst (Kent) and St James’s (London). We enjoy an enviable range of clients, with a focus on international & UK HNWIs, as well as having a dedicated corporate & OMB team. Our goal is to provide clients with comprehensive team support and as such, we don’t just stop at doing year end accounts and tax returns for clients, we join them on the Board and help them run their finance departments, we work with wealthy families to provide a family office service and we provide our private clients with a trustee service.
We are now recruiting for someone to join our private client team, to specialise in tax, trusts & estates. The ideal candidate will be:
- CTA/ TEP/ ACA qualified
- Either already at senior level and looking for a route to manager level and beyond, or a manager looking for their next step.
- Able to handle a portfolio of complex clients, undertaking both compliance and consulting work – or aspiring to do so!
- Wishing to continue to learn and grow in the role.
- Happy to work as part of a team.
The role will be predominantly based in our Goudhurst office but with some travel to our London office when required.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, but is generous market rate for a role that is of London quality but with the benefits of being based outside of London. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
For further information, please apply, attaching your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter Tax is Recruiting a Tax Trainee
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Private Client department. The candidate would initially undertake fully funded training and tuition for the ATT qualification and, if successful, there would then be a path into further exams/qualifications. We are a youthful and growing practice with highly qualified staff with offices in West Kent and London and this position would primarily be based in West Kent.
Duties would include:
- Tax return preparation and completion;
- Preparing new client information records and ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering procedures;
- Understanding PAYE and assistance with payroll cases as needed;
- General office administration duties.
The ideal candidate will preferably:
- Have strong A level results but decided to go straight into a training role rather than to university, or already have at least a 2:1 degree;
- Be enthusiastic to learn and to understand how the UK tax system operates;
- Have good communication skills;
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team;